Event #6 – Pauanui Beach 23rd/24th Jan
Season 9 of the Ray White Maguire’s Auckland Paddlefest, returns with Event #6 at the beautiful Pauanui Beach! If you have a Season Pass your entry is included, otherwise you will need to enter on the Friday night before the event, or on the race morning. Here’s what you need to know now…
- This is not a NZ SUP Nationals event, just a laid back and super fun weekend on the beach and in the water with mates in Pauadise.
- We encourage participants and supporters to bring beach shelters and BBQs etc to setup on the sand so we can make a fun beach day out for all the family!
- All events will be on the one day at the Surf beach, there are no waterways events this year.
- While the desired event day is Saturday Jan 23rd, it will be held either on the Saturday or Sunday depending which has the best conditions.
- NEW FORMAT for our Open SUP competitors with 4x one lap races with a short rest in between each race. Your top 3x positions count to overall placings allowing each paddler to drop a bad race result if you do all 4x races. 2km Paddlers will do just 1x race.
- The first mark on each race will see an option for the paddler to turn left OR right to reduce buoy congestion.
- Scoring is simply your position (i.e. if you get 5th you get 5x points) meaning the lower your accumulated score the better.
- In the event of a tie between paddlers, the deciding factor is who placed better in the 4th and final race.
- Once the overall scores have been calculated for event #6, we’ll use these to then calculate points as per normal (separating the regular 6km and 4km SUP paddlers).
- Any new paddler entering this event will be classified as a 6km paddler.
- Each SUP race will be between 1.5km-2km depending on conditions.
Open Paddlers: Price $45 (+ Season 9 shirt), unless you have a Season Pass.
2km Paddlers: Price $25 (+ Season 9 shirt), unless you have a Season Pass.
Ski Paddlers / Waka Ama.
We would love to see you here also, please can you email stacey@